Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Andy-isms

I wrote down things that Andy said in class that tickled my fancy and thought I'd put them here for further enjoyment. I can't always give context, but I think they're funny nonetheless!

9/11
(Discussing Tambien la Lluvia, but mostly James Bond)
 "It's hard to concentrate on 'is it water or oil' when it's Daniel Craig driving around cool-ass cars shooting shit."

9/13
(Discussing Bradford and Tommy Granger)
Andy: "It's like they said, 'This writing is really dry and awful, so we'll throw them a...'"
Someone else in the class: "Bone?"
The rest of us: *burst out laughing*

9/16
"Ben Percy's voice has its own beard."

9/23
"Waverly, not the home of WartSuck."

9/25
"The one day you wear your cool sweatshirt to work, the President of the college sits next to you at the Paideia lecture."

11/8
"Take these two sonnets and call me in the morning."

11/11
"Imagine Scoes Hoes til you're dead!"

11/13
(On how long "The Great Lawsuit" takes to get to the point)
"[Margaret Fuller] needed Paideia in her life."

11/18
"I write best when there's a lot of heavy machine noise."

11/25
"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitant."
"The American economy isn't family-friendly. It doesn't get into Macklemore concert."

12/2
(Trying to pronounce Dupin)
"Dupe. Dupe-man. Doop-lion. Doop-dog."

12/4
(On Whitman)
"Tongues on breastbones and beards and things. Well, one beard."

12/11 (probably)
Andy: "Well, I figured we'd have the final exam at my house because there's a larger collection of My Little Ponies for use in dramatic readings."
Me: "LargER?"
Andy: "Well I don't know what you guys have in your backpacks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment